Combating Corruption through Citizen Participation
Bidur Municipality and Betini & Khanigaun VDCs of Nuwakot district, Nepal
Corruption problems being addressed:
1. Absence of the health service personnel in their duty stations.
2. Lack of transparency in distribution of medicines allocated for free distribution and lack of availability of the medicine/instruments in time.
3. Referring by the health personnel to use medicines from the private clinic rather than to provide free medicines from the health institutions.
4. Lack of transparency in distribution of delivery allowance and free maternal health services.
5. Lack of proper maintenance of medical equipment such as X-Ray machine, Ultrasound etc. indirectly tempting the service seekers to use expensive private facilities.
Vodpod videos no longer available.