Projects under CAC program are demand driven. They emerged from a general call for proposals in 2009 which emphasized the focus on helping citizens fight corruption and strategic pillars and left the selection of themes to the applicants. The final projects selected represent a varied and diverse group covering from procurement to monitoring to streamlining to interventions to awareness. Partners in India are working on Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme, Public Distribution System, Drinking Water, Land Records, Tribal Rights, and Procurement in public sector units, and Clinical Drug Trails. A brief elaboration follows:
a. Monitoring Service Delivery by Community Mobilization (Nine Partners)
- Ayauskam in Orissa is currently pursuing phase-II of the project “Checking Corruption of Health Sector in 10 Panchayats of Khariar under Nuapada District of Orissa”. The project is aimed at monitoring rural health programme by mobilizing community to monitor and check corruption in the health sector. know more….
- ADHAR and Suraksha in Bolangir and Gajapati Districts respectively in Orissa are carrying out the phase-II of the project in monitoring and checking corruption in MGNREGS and PDS in their respective field areas. (know more about ADHAR, Suraksha)
- VICALP is involved in tracking and monitoring MGNREGS and is aimed at establishing corruption free-MGNREGS in Gajapati district of Orissa. VICALP, by mobilizing the community as a movement against corruption, aims to bring in corruption free-MGNREGS. know more….
- Youth for Social Development (YSD) is involved in mobilizing community for a corruption free-service delivery particularly in the context of providing drinking water to slums, PDS and land records in Behrampur Municipal area, Ganjam District, Orissa. know more….
- CFAR and Paraspara Trust are involved in slum areas of Bangalore City in monitoring the service delivery under PDS through community mobilization. (know more about CFAR, Paraspara Trust)
- Swami Vivekananda Youth Movement (SVYM) is involved in phase-II of fighting corruption through community monitoring. SVYM is involved in currently mobilizing community to fight corruption in PDS in Mysore district of Karnataka. know more….
- Prerana in Raichur district of Karnataka is involved in fighting corruption through an empowered community with knowledge of its rights and also ways of tackling the issues of Corruption, Transparency & Accountability. Prerana has mobilized community funds to fight corruption in MGNREGS and PDS, apart from other issues.know more….
b. Institutional Anti-corruption Programs (Two partners)
- Samuhik Abhiyan in Nepal is working on anti-corruption programme in Health Sector. The project aims to reduce reducing corruption in health sector, particularly in Bidur Municipality, Betini and Khanigaun VDC of Nuwakot district in Nepal.know more….
- Transparency International (TI-Sri Lanka) is involved in curbing in corruption in local governance in Sri Lanka. The project in spite of delays due to the prevailing political climate has taken off in Badulla and Monaragala Districts. know more….
c. Procurement (One partner)
- Transparency International (TI) New Delhi in India is implementing a project with the goal of enhancing transparency and accountability in public procurement activities in Public Sector Units in India. TI signs an memorandum of understanding known as ‘Integrity Pact’ with Public Sector Units in India to bring in transparency and accountability in Procurement process. know more…..
d. Rule of Law & Human Rights (One partner)
- Jananeethi in Kerala, India is implementing a project with the overall goal to establish the rights of the people participating in clinical trials. The overall aim is to combat corruption in clinical drug trials in Kerala by undertaking awareness programmes in medical colleges, among doctors and other stakeholders. know more….